Rubberstampchat

Go Back   Rubberstampchat > Studio > Stamp Talk

Stamp Talk Discuss everything rubber stamp and paper crafts related.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:49 AM
stmpstone

Copic Markers? I love mine and I'm not sorry that I stayed with it until I had them.

I consider them an investment. I took the Cert. class and last year I was able to take the intermediate cert class. I just read on line that Copics will be teaching two certification classes here in Las Vegas. The first one and the intermediate one.

At $8 per marker I couldn't do it. If you shop around you can get a much better price. I just looked at the place where I purchased most of mine and they are $4.99 per marker. I saw another site where they were cheper than that.

Unless you have a dog that chews them, they should last forever. You can get replacement nibs for all their markers and the Various Inks (the refill inks) are the same colors used in all their products.

I'm very selfish with my markers and I don't share them. When The Angel Company was selling them I picked up some at half price to use for teaching. When we do Copic Coloring on Friday nights I put those out for others to use. I generally use those too and use those on the samples so there is enough. When we've needed more, I ask those that have the markers to bring theirs and have asked the others to respect their property and just use mine.

I have both the Ciaos and Sketch markers. People ask me which they should get and I said it doesn't matter. The inks and nibs are the same on both. The only difference is the Sketch hold more ink.

I bought three of the reds that I use a lot in the Original square markers. Why? because red is the hardest color to push back when you go outside the lines and the original markers have a smaller tip.

The colorless blender doesn't blend. You can use it to push the color back in the lines. It lightens the reds but it's hard to completely hide it. I use the lightest color that I've used on my image to blend. There is alot you can do with the blender marker and the blender fluid.

One lady on another group was selling holders using the smaller Art Bins and the lighting grid that you can buy at the hardware store. I have my markers in two of those and have them in the order the colors are shown on the color chart. This has made locating the colors I want to use so much easier.

This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. lol I know in the crafting world there is something for everybody. In my Friday Night group I try to use different mediums so we are all familiar. I like pencils and have the hard leads for layering color, the soft ones forblending and OMS to blend them together and remove the pencil lines. I have water color pencils that we use with the Dove Blender (my choice) but we use water pens and paint brushes too....what a concept. lol We use chalks and the Aqua Crayons for other mediums.

I didn't buy the Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I looked at them but decided not right now. I did pick up the Memento Markers as I use quite a bit of their ink.

Ahyway, this is what I do and wht I like. This is really a wonderful hobby and I'm glad that my husband is so understanding as it's pretty much taken over all my little house.
Claudia
Old 04-13-2012, 04:46 PM

Copic markers expensive? Compared to what?

A Copic Ciao marker can be had for $3.41 at Oozak if you are a registered member - and free shipping if you buy enough.
A Stampin Up marker is $3.50 plus shipping and tax - more expensive.

You don't need to get the copic sketch markers - they are nice but the ciao markers are fine and there are 180 colors. The nibs are the same as the sketch markers.

my blog - a papercrafting journey
Old 04-14-2012, 11:28 AM

Otaka Fuel carries sketch markers for 5.24 and free shipping with a minimum of three, ciaos are 3.59 min of 3/free shipping also. Their prices are the same as oozak.com but w/oozak your minimum is 50$ for free shipping.

If you want a paper that doesn't bleed check out one sheet wonder, you can find it at eclectic paperie cheaper than the manu site. it doesn't bleed even with the spectrum noir markers, which can be super juicy.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinNancy View Post
Copic markers expensive? Compared to what?

A Copic Ciao marker can be had for $3.41 at Oozak if you are a registered member - and free shipping if you buy enough.
A Stampin Up marker is $3.50 plus shipping and tax - more expensive.

You don't need to get the copic sketch markers - they are nice but the ciao markers are fine and there are 180 colors. The nibs are the same as the sketch markers.
The new MARVY Le Plume alcohol markers are $2.99..the only drawback is they only have a brush end...but it is a very nice pen..and i never use the chiesel end of a marker..so the new Marvy le plumes alcohol marker is just perfect for me..and its $4.00 cheaper each pen
Old 04-15-2012, 11:32 AM
paperaddict

My bad!

Last edited by CritterPortraits; 04-15-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:10 PM

Thumbs down FYI

Hi critter/Pat,
Here's a link http://www.uchida.com/p-62-le-plume-permanent.aspx
Marvy lePlume did recently release alcohol markers, so now they have both waterbased & alcohol.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkyjo View Post
The new MARVY Le Plume alcohol markers are $2.99..the only drawback is they only have a brush end...but it is a very nice pen..and i never use the chiesel end of a marker..so the new Marvy le plumes alcohol marker is just perfect for me..and its $4.00 cheaper each pen
I never use the chisel end either.
http://vivalas.blogspot.com/
Old 04-16-2012, 06:59 PM
paperaddict

Stampo...any word from Ranger on when the distress markers will ship?

I have marker envy!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Viva Las Vegastamps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterPortraits View Post
Stampo...any word from Ranger on when the distress markers will ship?

I have marker envy!
We will receive them Wednesday... Hallelujah... don't know how I lucked out as they're still showing late April but they shipped them to us last Thursday... thanks for being so patient... check out this Journal Page done by Sandra Strait using our Toucan stamp and Distress Markers...

http://vivalas.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Stampo; 04-16-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:23 PM
paperaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampo View Post
We will receive them Wednesday... Hallelujah... don't know how I lucked out as they're still showing late April but they shipped them to us last Thursday... thanks for being so patient... check out this Journal Page done by Sandra Strait using out Toucan stamp and Distress Markers...

Lovely!...